Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Standouts in Leviticus

So it has been two months since I have posted. It took me forever to read Leviticus. Probably about a month, due to my amazing procrastination skills. I am in Numbers at the moment and am once again procrastinating. Who knew there would be so many numbers in Numbers? Well I want to get back into the swing of things, so here are some things that jumped out at me in Leviticus:

God is provider for Aaron and his sons by having the people's offerings be shared with this family. God is faithful to take care of His children.

Leviticus 9:6- "This is the thing that the Lord commanded you to do, that the glory of the Lord may appear to you."
God has demanded obedience, so we may see the glory of God. What love is this.

Leviticus 10:3b- "Among those who are near me I will be sanctified, and before all the people I will be glorified!"
I adore this. At first I was confused about the whole "I will be sanctified" because we as humans talk so much about how we are being sanctified by trials in our lives, so I began to wonder why God, our perfect father, is saying he will be sanctified. I looked up the definition and this is what it says: "made holy" so among those near to God He will be made holy and before everyone He will be glorified. Such a beautiful verse about the glory of our God.

In Leviticus it says if a person cannot afford a sheep, then he can offer this, if he can't offer this because he can afford it, he can offer this. This just demonstrated to me how God is gracious and merciful and meets us where we are-in our lowly sin and depravity.

Leviticus so often talks about uncleanliness, and if you touch the person, you too will be unclean. Jesus showed such compassion when he touched these people and loved these people. How incredible that must have been to these people that knew they were unclean and feeling so unworthy of touch/love, and along comes the Messiah and I would assume, rocks their world. That just led me on the thought process of how unclean and unworthy I am, yet Christ took on that sin and drank the cup of God's holy righteous wrath. Wow. It is only by the grace of God that I am made righteous in His sight.

TATTOOS!
Leviticus 19:28-"You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD."
I'm not going to lie, I love tattoos. I think they are gorgeous. I want to know if this is still applicable or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment