Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Numbers 11

In Numbers 11 Scripture talks about how the people are complaining to the Lord of their misfortunes, and how the Lord hears this and is angry. A few verses down Moses hears all of the people weeping at the door to his tent. "And the anger of the LORD blazed hotly, and Moses was displeased." Moses goes on almost in an angry rant toward God. I was really shocked by how Moses acted and talked to God. He asks why God is dealing with the people this way, why have you laid this burden on me. "Did I conceive all this people? Did I give them birth, that you should say to me, 'carry them in your bosom, as a nurse carries a nursing child'..." So Moses is having what seems like a fit, but the LORD doesn't respond the way I thought He would. He gets Moses to gather elders and he will give some of the Spirit that was on Moses and spread it to them, so that they can share the burden. I did like in verses 18-20 how the LORD said,

"And say to the people, 'Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow, and you shall eat meat, for you have wept in the hearing of the LORD, saying, "Who will give us meat to eat? For it was better for us in Egypt." Therefore the LORD will give you meat, and you shall eat. You shall not eat just one day, or two days, or five days, or ten days, or twenty days, but a whole month, until it comes out at your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have rejected the LORD who is among you and have wept before him, saying, "Why did we come out of Egypt?"'"
This just reminds me of how often I complain about the things I know nothing of. God is in control, but yet, many times, I am still an idioit and don't trust what the Lord commands of me. I get angry and think I am right and I know best, when in reality I am an infant and can't see past my own understanding. My Father is wise and knows what he is doing, yet at times I forget, and think that I am the one in charge.
This passage really highlighted the arrogance in my life. So often I tell my Sovereign God what is right and wrong and what He needs to do for me. This is such an ugly thing to be shown, but has been done in such a loving way only my Savior could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment